NuLife Care & Counselling Services (“NuLife”) ensures the conservation of your personal data in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA”). This Data Protection Policy sets out the basis which NuLife may collect, use, disclose or otherwise process personal data about you for our purposes. NuLife takes its responsibility under the PDPA seriously.
1. As used in this Policy:
“personal data” means data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which the organisation has or is likely to have access.
2. Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include personal particulars, medical records, educational records, financial records, photographs, videos and any other audio-visual information.
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
3. NuLife will collect your personal data in accordance with the PDPA. In general, before NuLife collects any personal data from you, we will notify you of the purposes for which your personal data may be collected, used and/or disclosed, as well as obtain your consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal data for the intended purposes.
4. NuLife does not collect your personal data unless (a) it is provided to us voluntarily by you directly or via a third party who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your personal data to us (your “authorised representative”) after (i) you (or your authorised representative) have been notified of the purposes for which the data is collected, and (ii) you (or your authorised representative) have provided written consent to the collection and usage of your personal data for those purposes, or (b) collection and use of personal data without consent is permitted or required by the PDPA or other laws.
5. NuLife may collect and use your personal data for any of the following purposes:
– processing and evaluating your application for services and programmes offered by the organisation
– referring you to governmental bodies or other voluntary welfare organisations for further assistance and support
– administering the provision of services to you by NuLife and/or managing your relationship with NuLife;
– administering your donations and/or communications pertaining to your donations to NuLife;
– administering your volunteer services and/or communications pertaining your volunteer services with NuLife;
– NuLife’s publications and materials including but not limited to NuLife Annual Report, NuLife Research Work, NuLife brochures, posters, and banners;
– NuLife publicity and fundraising initiatives including but not limited to disclosures in/on NuLife newsletters, electronic mailers, Facebook, Instagram, Website, and Events;
– any other purposes for which you have provided the information; and
– any other incidental purposes related to or in connection with the above.
6. NuLife may disclose your personal data:
– where such disclosure is required for, or in connection with, the provision of the services requested by you;
– to comply with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, rules or requests by public agencies, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations; and
– any other party to whom you authorised us to disclose your personal data to, or where necessary to undertake any action requested by you.
7. The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under a contract with you).
REQUEST FOR ACCESS, CORRECTION AND/OR WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT OF PERSONAL DATA
8. If you wish to make a request to access or correct your personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, you may submit your request through the following methods:
– written request via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
– verbal request by contacting NuLife Data Protection Officer at: 63008706
– written letter to: NuLife Care & Counselling, 151 Chin Swee Road, #04-02, Manhattan House, Singapore 169876.
9. Upon receipt of your request, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us.
10. Should we not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request, we will inform you in writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA).
ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA
11. NuLife generally relies on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update NuLife if there are changes to your personal data as soon as possible.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
12. NuLife will safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, through appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures.
13. You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
14. NuLife may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
15. NuLife will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF SINGAPORE
16. NuLife generally does not transfer your personal data to countries outside of Singapore. However, if we do so, we will obtain your consent for the transfer to be made and we will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is in compliance with the PDPA.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
17. NuLife has appointed a Data Protection Officer (the “DPO”) to oversee management of personal data in accordance with the PDPA. If you, at any time have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures, please do not hesitate to contact the DPO at: email@example.com.
18. NuLife shall maintain and update this policy from time to time to ensure that it is consistent with any future developments and/or any changes in legal or regulatory requirements. Your continued use of our services constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.